Hello, I am Robert L. Zapf and welcome to my website. I am graphic artist and currently freelancing.
I am a graduate from the Maryland Institute of Art (MICA), located in Baltimore, MD. Where I was taught in many fields of art, but my primary focus was in 3d computer animation. The last year of college I assisted one of my instructors in "Introduction to 3d Animation" course. I also interned at Eyemaginations, where I learnt of many motion graphic and 3d animation techniques.
Upon graduating MICA, I began freelancing my talent at Scanbuy, located in New York City. While in NYC, I continued to freelance and grow as a graphic artist. Learning new talents and communication skills.
After a while I desided I needed a website to showcase my abilities as an artist. I hope you enjoy my work.PDF Resume
Graphic Designer/Artist, Learning Technologist 2012 to Jan. 2016
• Generated graphics for web based software creating new tools for client use.
• Programmed and designed user interfaces for e-learning courses under strict deadlines leading to satisfied customers.
• Edited video for webinars and e-learning courses resulting in return clients.
• Created pamphlets and brochures for print apon various customer requests and demands exceeding their expectations.
• Troubleshooted e-learning courses for 508 Compliance increasing the software’s accessibility for customers.
Graphic Designer, 3D Artist Nov. 2011 to Aug. 2012
• Worked directly for COO on Marketing Campaign which directly led to a large increase in revenue.
• Developed new brand (Blaze) and re-branded Smoke Free which led to an increase customer awareness.
• Generated Blaze & Smoke Free wholesale/retail catalog & flyers leading to both increased sales and customer awareness.
• Created Images for website & E-mail based newsletters pushing the companies marketing resulting in return customers.
• Designed package layout for all products.
Graphic Artist, Animator, Graphic Designer Oct. 2010 to Jan. 2011
• Worked directly for Vice President of the Marketing Department with time sensitive projects which led to customer awareness on upcoming sales and events.
• Generated animation for trade show resulting in greater customer awareness.
• Designed mock-ups of retail catalog
• Developed graphics images for web banners and sales leading to an increase in return customers.
• Designed package layouts for accessory products packaging with strict requirements resulting in the new products being delivered to distributors before deadline.
Drafter April 2009 to July 2010
• Worked closely under tight deadlines with Design Engineer.
• Drafted Mechanical Blue Prints for engineering.
• Generated Loading Instructions to document loading processes.
3d Artst, 3d Animator December 2007 to January 2008
• Worked under strict deadline for Creative Director.
• Genderated visualization of Abbott Neoroscience Booth proposal.
Graphic Artist, Graphic Designer August 2007 to December 2007
• Created Mobile Handset Application User Interfaces for multiple cellphone platforms resulting in an increase in users.
• Generated illustration for company website and E-mail newsletter leading to a greater customer awareness.
• Developed PDF documentation Design send out.
• Produced Graphics production for marketing campaign.
• Generated templet for E-mail Newsletter.
Page Designer, Graphic Designer February 2007 to July 2007
• Closely worked for editors of Worcester County Times, Ocean Pines Gazette, & Ocean City BeachComber under intense deadlines meeting company demands to deliver the news publications in a timely fashion.
• Mocked up Page layout and design for publications.
• Generated illustrations, comic strip illustrations, and icons for Publications which assisted in customer retention.
3d Artist, 3d Animator Intern January 2006 to May 2006
• Worked with Lead 3d Animator and Director of animation production.
• Worked creating Licensed Images for medical procedural animation.
• Altered animations in post production to suit needs of the client.
Teacher Assistant September 2005 to May 2006
• Help Instruct an introduction to 3D Animation class.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Suite
Adobe In Design
Adobe Premier Pro
Final Cut Pro
3D Studio Max
Mac/PC Operating Systems
508 Compliance Knowledge
BFA in Experimental Animation
Graduated May 2006
May 2002, National Art Honors Society Scholarship
May 2006, Commencement Exhibition MICA
May 2006, Entered CGChat.com Low Poly Modeling Contest
2006 to 2008, Lead animator of Caliber mod.
2011 to 2012, 3D artist for Norse mod.
Robert L. Zapf